Believe it or not, adults make up a large part of the population that’s in need of orthodontic treatment to correct misaligned teeth. Although the benefits of straighter teeth include a healthier mouth, the most obvious benefit is a more aesthetically pleasing smile. Most patients needing orthodontic treatment generally are more likely to suffer from or develop periodontal disease, TMJ disorders, chronic headaches, and body pain. All of this can be avoided with simple orthodontic treatment. So, why do patients avoid it?
Unfortunately, many adults don’t want to be associated with the immature stigma that comes with metal braces for years while their teeth straighten into their correct positions. That’s why Cherry Dental offers Invisalign in Long Beach, or short-term orthodontics that practically nobody can tell you’re wearing!
Learning About Invisalign
If you’ve worked hard to earn that polished, matured appearance and don’t want traditional braces to blemish that for you, Invisalign may be for you. Invisalign clear braces use a series of practically invisible, removable aligners to straighten your teeth. The aligners are custom created just for you. They apply a constant, gentle pressure to guide teeth into the correct locations. You wear each set of aligners for about two weeks, removing them only to eat, drink, brush, and floss. As you replace each aligner with the next in the series, your teeth will move gradually until they have straightened to their final positions.
Benefits of Invisalign Clear Aligners
When you choose Invisalign, you can achieve faster results than traditional braces ever could! You must only visit your dentist every six to eight weeks for anywhere from 6 months to a year depending on your level of misalignment. This is just one of many advantages that Invisalign has over traditional, metal orthodontics.
- You experience an immediate boost in confidence knowing that your orthodontic treatment is practically invisible!
- You experience comfortable straightening from custom-fit aligners rather than sharp metal brackets and wires.
- You can still enjoy your favorite foods because of the versatility Invisalign offers by being removable.
- You can keep your dental routine simple by removing your aligners to brush and floss your natural teeth.
Viable Candidates for Invisalign Clear Aligners
You may be wondering why anyone would choose traditional braces again, but Invisalign isn’t always the best choice for everyone. Sometimes, patients would be better served with traditional braces for severe misalignment issues. How do you know if you’re the perfect candidate for Invisalign? Here are a few factors our dental professionals consider before recommending Invisalign as an effective treatment.
- Are your teeth free of tooth decay and damage?
- Are you committed to good, long-term oral health?
- Do you desire to fix the crooked teeth, gapped teeth, and/or crowded teeth in your mouth?
- Are you regimented enough to wear your aligners for at least 22 hours a day?
I want Invisalign!
If you’re excited about the possibility of straightening your teeth—even as an adult—it’s time to contact our office! We can help you determine whether Invisalign is the best option for you and discuss how to move forward with the treatment. Contact your dentist in Long Beach today to schedule your consultation!